How old to start boxing?
How is boxing training for children different from normal boxing ? The
boxing for children aims above all to improve general physical form. Training is also suitable for beginners to give children a feeling of body.
Also to discover : How can I convince my parents to get a cell phone ?
What equipment does a child need to practice boxing ?
In most cases, head protection, groin protection (for boys) or chest protection (for girls) and tooth protection (for teeth) are required.
To read in addition : When should the future father inform his employer ?
How much boxing training costs for children ?
Depending on the extent of the training and individual wishes, you can start by calculating between 30 and 40 € per month. However, this only applies to group training.
Boxing for children is not really a hobby daily. However, not all children are interested in football or volleyball. So why shouldn’t you go to the martial arts room ?
In our guide, we inform you of the age of boxing training for children, how training takes place and the costs you should expect.
Expert advice: high quality bandages protect the wrists
1. Boxing for children: a controversial sport
training of toddlers still has relatively little to do with boxing.
Not all people understand when parents send their children to boxing. Certainly anyone who has watched one or the other boxing match on television can quickly get the idea that it was more of a fight than a sport.
But that’s exactly where the key difference turns out. between training children and targeted preparation for full contact competitions in the youth or adult sector .
boxing for children aims above all to improve general physical form. Training is also suitable for beginners to give children a feeling of body. Even some schools now offer their own AG box, because boxing is no longer considered a marginal sport, but above all as effective complete training.
Advice: Many clubs offer boxes for children from 8 or 9 years old.
2. The fascination of boxing: children become strong and confident
Physical and mental aspects play an important role in children’s martial arts. As more and more children suffer from overweight and lack of physical exercise, motor deficits also increase. Scaryly, many elementary school children are difficult to walk over a narrow beam or jump safely on one leg.
Children who learn boxing do not have to worry about their coordination skills. Child training focuses on the following aspects:
A trained body is inevitable.
- Coordination: First, the smallest must learn to stand safely and move smoothly. All of this requires a high degree of attention. Many hours of training are required to perform stroke and escape optimally.
- Strength: The development of force initially plays a rather subordinate role, because the technology and the speed of reaction in particular must be correct. However, children develop muscles throughout the body during boxing. This helps to maintain a vertical posture in everyday life.
- Endurance: Even if a boxing game takes only 3 minutes, it requires a lot of physical condition. Each movement and each escape route requires a lot of energy, apart from the fact that it is already exhausting to maintain coverage.
- Speed: During boxing, the opponent’s reaction and observation play a crucial role. Children learn to be attentive and react to a lightning speed race. At the same time, it is important to discover the weak points in order to be able to define a targeted attack themselves.
At the same time, children’s boxing also promotes self-confidence and helps children gain more will and self-assertion in school, without violence, of course. The general ability to use sport for self-defense purposes in an emergency should not be despised.
All good Trainer ensures that children treat each other respectfully during boxing.
3. Protective equipment during children’s boxing
Reasonable protection is mandatory.
Every child who visits a boxing club for the first time should first have the opportunity to look around and make a few first hits on the punching bag.
When it comes to registering for the boxing club, children first need gloves and boxing envelopes to protect their hands during boxing. As the sparring does not follow until later, this is usually enough for the start.
If a child likes this sport and the first attempts at practice in the ring are on hold, children need completely complete protective equipment. This includes :
- a head guard
- a groin protector (for boys) or chest protection (for girls),
- as well as a tooth guard (for teeth).
Boxing gloves are relatively harmless and children are well protected by initially thick boxing gloves.
4. Accessories: you need this equipment during boxing
Many children want their own sandbag.
In general, there are enough strike bags, pads and strike balls available for training at each club.
However, for a short or long time, most children and adolescents want a punching bag or a knock ball for the house . Your own pads are also necessary to train with a partner.
Do not rely on cheap quality at this time. Otherwise, you can quickly buy twice. However, good equipment is affordable and is long enough.
5. The prices during boxing vary considerably
In general, you don’t have to spend a fortune if you want to send your kids to boxing. However, the fact that most boxing clubs are organized privately is that the available premises need to be funded more expensive than the local football club.
Depending on the extent of the training and individual wishes, you can start by calculating between 30 and 40 € per month . However, this only applies to group training, which is often preferred at the start. However, in competition ambitions, you will not be able to move with more expensive individual training.
6. Important questions and answers
competitions require professional training and discipline.
If you have professional ambitions, you should not wait too long to start training. the determination of the competition of the German Boxing Federation is authorized to participate in amateur fights from the age of 10 From when can children participate in competitions ? years.
The turn time and the number of turns are both adapted to age. Extensive protective equipment is also required Do children have different safety requirements during boxing ? . Head protection in particular plays an important role here.
Unlike boxing, kickboxing rules include kicking in addition to punches. Does kickboxing suit children as an alternative to boxing ? This requires a slightly different orientation from training.
The area of mobility in particular is of crucial importance . In addition, kickboxing in most clubs results in fewer direct battles.
7. Expert advice: high quality bandages protect the wrists
- Elastic and stable – The composition of the material makes the bandaged boxes elastic and offers a pleasant experience of wearing. The high cotton content offers an absorption capacity as usual only inelastic bandages !
- Without injuries – Boxing envelopes provide optimal protection for your hand, fingers, ankles and wrist. Every experienced martial artist knows how reckless he is without boxing gloves.
- VELCRO EXTRA LARGE – You don’t have to worry about these bandages ! Velcro is wide and double seam. No need for detachable velcro straps during training or combat !
- 4 meter length – Hand envelopes 3.5 meters long are not enough or measure 4.5 meters too long Our bandages are the optimal length for all current packaging techniques at 4 meters !
- Easy to put on – The thumb loop makes it easier to start without causing unpleasant pressure points. The hand envelopes are marked on both sides. This is how the velcro ends at the end !
Moncada Fighting Hand Wraps with thumb loop I Wraps of wrist for boxing MMA Kickboxing for men and women I Wraps of boxing
12.49 EUR Buy on Amazon
- Stretch Mexican Junior 2.5 m black hand envelopes are flexible envelopes with a loop for the thumb and Velcro closure.
Extensible Mexican boxing bandage for adults Lonsdale, black, M Les
Buy on Amazon
- MAXIMUM PROTECTION WHEN YOU PRACTICE SPORTS – A wrist injury forces you to suspend training for a long time. Avoid this loss of training by wearing your NOQUIT – semi-elastic – envelopes under your glove.
- LARGE FERMETURE VELCRO – With other lower hand wraps, the Velcro closure often dissolves after a few training sessions. This is why we only use the best and widest velcro available on the market for our martial arts accessories.
- BEST MATERIALS – Cotton absorbs perspiration very well and protects your kickboxing gloves. Semi-elastic inner gloves do not tie your hands, nor should they be rewound all the time.
- Easy washing – Hand envelopes wrapped around other clothes are a thing of the past thanks to our air-permeable transport bag included. This saves time and especially nerves and allows you to focus 100% on boxing !
- ORDER WITHOUT SUBCIS – If you are not satisfied with our adhesive tape for any reason, we can offer you something better than a refund guarantee. You will get your money and a new pair of hand wraps !
NOQUIT high-end hand retractor with loop for the thumb – 4 m envelopes for maximum stability during boxing, kickboxing and MMA in white
(57 evaluations, average: 4.00 out of 5)
Buy on Amazon **************************************************